Céu do Montréal Mission Statement
The mission of Céu do Montreal is to uphold the central tenets of the Santo Daime. The intent of Ceu do Montreal is to provide for transformation and evolution of all persons seeking enlightenment in communion with Divine Creator Consciousness through the use of the entheogen Santo Daime in the rituals known as Works. The rituals are called “Works” because through them we believe Initiates have the conscious responsibility for correcting personal flaws and transforming themselves during the spiritual services.
Although all are welcome to participate in the rituals for the gaining of truth, knowledge, and self-transformation, proselytizing is strictly forbidden. Membership in the Santo Daime is gained only upon the serious request of the participant.
The responsibility of members of Céu do Montréal is to live the teachings of the Hymns and Tenets, love the Divine Creator, love the Earth, love all beings in creation including oneself, love and respect all brothers and sisters, accept the truth of one’s divinity and one’s faults, and learn to embody forgiveness, compassion, and humility.
- the study of the Santo Daime principles through the hymns, the music, prayer, meditation, inquiry and self-reflection
- personal self-reflection and spiritual inquiry with the intention of self-actualization
- full equality of women and men in all aspects of church leadership and religious life
- personal responsibility for all aspects of one’s health and well-being, as well as religious choices made based on knowledge and commitment
- dedication to the care and sustainability of Mother Earth and all creation through personal transformation and acts of service and social justice